Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where did the time go?!

We leave in two days (AHH!) for our trip to Louisiana. I haven't packed a single thing and I still need to find someone to watch our second dog. (He's a bit of a grouch so no one wants to watch him.) JR comes home from PA tomorrow, which is also Ashley's 4th birthday.

Let me just say that I'm completely freaking out that my kid is going to be 4. Wasn't she just born? Where did those four years go? When did she turn into this sassy and brilliant little girl? I swear, I'm going to blink and she will be in high school. :(

Oh, and while I'm going down depression lane, Justin is trying to crawl and isn't napping much anymore. The days of getting stuff done while he slept are over. In just six days, he will be six months old. I just want to grab both of them and say, "Cut it out! You are not allowed to grow up!"

Anyway, most of you know about the horrible tragedy in Moore, OK yesterday. So many of our OF families have been impacted. I'm so touched by the amount of support that the OF community has shown already. I have personally seen people offering up farm land for displaced animals, starting relief funds, and offering their own homes to those that are affected. I'm an administrator for the Oilfield Family Ministry page and we are putting out as much information as we can, sharing a lot from other OF pages.

If you can, please donate or volunteer. You can text RED CROSS to 90999 or FOOD to 32333 (Regional Food Bank of OK) to donate $10.00 (Will be added to your phone bill). The Rig Wives Foundation is working with the Salvation Army to collect money as well as Oilfield Families of America.

This is quite possibly one of the most devastating natural disasters in the history of OK. One thing that will come of this is that we will come together to help those in need. Much like what I saw during JR's time in the military, the Oilfield takes care of it's own and then some. Pray for the missing, pray for the survivors, and most of all, pray for the families that have lost loved ones. They all have a long, hard road ahead.

Until next time, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment