Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Discovery Place Kids Trip and Cleaning Challenge-Day 3 (Picture Heavy!)

Since I'm linking this post up with the Money Saving Mom website, I'm going to talk about the challenge first. Here is today's challenge:


  • Set the timer for 20 minutes and pick up and put away all items that are out of place. (Bonus: find 7 items to get rid of.)
  • Pull out any items under the bed that don’t below under the bed and make the bed (wash sheets/bedding, if needed).
  • Vacuum/sweep the room. (Bonus: use an attachment on the vacuum to vacuum around the baseboards and vacuum under the bed.)
  • Clean fingerprints on the windows.
  • Bonus: Spot-clean the carpets and walls.
  • You’re done!
Here are some before pictures: 



I have realized a few things: 1) I can't wait to get a new comforter set. 2) We throw stuff any and every where. 3) See number 1.

Here are the after shots:




I have also realized that taking the before and after pictures is actually pretty motivational. (And I really want a new comforter set.)

How did you do today?

Now onto our Discovery Place Kids adventure. For some reason I fail to understand, Discovery Place decided to open in Rockingham. Really? Anyway, my mom and I took the kids, along with my nephew and cousin. It was ok. I mean, it is Rockingham. I think I would have had a little more fun if I didn't have a sick baby. 

 Baby Boy loved the water. So glad that they had a table with baby seats! (That's my mom in the background. Hi Mom!)

Justin at the water table and the "lunch" Ashley made me at the play kitchen.



Ashley in the play kitchen and at another exhibit. 

All in all, it was a full day. Now onto the homework I have due tonight. No rest for this momma. Night y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Your little ones are so adorable!

    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete