Friday, April 5, 2013

Cleaning Challenge- Day 5 and Planting A Garden

Y'all, I'm tired. I mean dead tired. We decided to rip up the ugly shrubs in front of our porch and plant some flowers. I'll talk more on that later, but first, the cleaning challenge:

With the weekend coming up tomorrow, today you get to choose your project from the list. You can either surface clean the living room and kitchen, clean a bathroom, or clean your interior windows.

OK, so I had to clean my house almost from top to bottom since a ton of dirt made it into the house. I have hardwood and laminate floors in all rooms except the bedrooms and they were killing me. I feel so accomplished. I think I am going to take the weekend off except for my normal cleaning. 

Oh, and sorry about no pictures of the clean-up. My mind wanders when I wash dishes (what I wouldn't do for a dishwasher) and I totally blanked on taking crappy iPhone pics. But you like those crappy iPhone pics? Well, lucky you! I took pictures of our flower bed!


Petunias and Gerbera Daisies


Hanging baskets!

Gerbera Daisies and Marigolds

Begonias in a hanging basket. I just love saying begonias. Begonias. Ok, I'm done. 


I so wish I had taken before pictures. In the last week, the front of the house has made a dramatic recovery. It had been neglected for so long. Poor yard. 

Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy a beer or two and a bonfire with some friends who are about to PCS out of state. :( 

Happy Friday y'all!


1 comment:

  1. Love your flowers, so pretty!

    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete