Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cleaning Challenge- Day 11

Does anyone else stress clean? I know a lot of women stress eat, but I've started cleaning when I'm worked up. I'm nervous because the insurance adjuster was supposed to be out here this morning to see about the damage to our roof. I was up and dressed before the kids woke up and I have been cleaning ever since. (Minus the hour I've finally been relaxing.) 

Well, the adjuster still hasn't shown or called and my appointment slot was over almost an hour ago. That's cool insurance guy. It's just supposed to rain tomorrow. No biggie. (He just called. He'll be here around one.  Way to be prompt).

Y'all, I've cleaned my kitchen, cleaned every door in this house, cleaned all of the trim on the walls, and then started on the bathroom. I stopped myself after cleaning all the doors and trim in the bathroom because that room is today's challenge from Money Saving Mom:

  • Set the timer for 20 minutes and put toilet cleaner in each of the toilet bowls and let it soak.
  • Remove any items that don’t belong in the bathroom, put away items that need to be put away in the bathroom, empty the trash.
  • Spray and wipe down the sink and tub.
  • Finish swishing and cleaning the toilet.
  • Shake the rugs outside (or throw them in the laundry) and mop or vacuum the floors.
  • Wipe down the outside of the cupboards and clean the mirror.
  • You’re done!
So, here are the before's and after's: 


Actually not too bad.

Not too bad, either.

Eww. This is the border around the top of the shower. I'm really starting to hate dust!

All clean and organized. 

Not much of a change, but I wiped down the entire tub and the walls. 

Be gone, dust!


I am all done and have already swept the rest of the house. There really isn't anything left to clean! I guess I'll just work on some homework (which will put me ahead) and be ready to start working early tonight. At least all this anxious energy has made me rather productive!

Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on cleaning the bathroom!

    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete