Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cleaning Challenge- Day 10

After 9 days of "surface cleaning" rooms of my house, I was starting to wonder when we would be hit with a day of hard cleaning. Well, I didn't have to wait long! Here is today's challenge from Money Saving Mom:


  • Set the timer for 20 minutes and pick up and put away all items that are out of place. (Bonus: find 7 items to get rid of.)
  • Dust the furniture, wall-hangings, and knick-knacks.
  • Wipe down the baseboards.
  • Vacuum/sweep the room. (Bonus: use an attachment on the vacuum to vacuum around the baseboards and vacuum the furniture.)
  • Clean fingerprints on the windows.
  • Bonus: Spot-clean the carpets and walls.
  • You’re done!
I'm going to be honest: My baseboards haven't been touched the entire time we have lived here. Please do not gasp in horror when you see the pictures of what 3 1/2 years of neglect has done to them! 
You gasped, didn't you? It's OK, so did I.
Ewwwwww.

Ahhh. Much better!


Dusting was the easy part because I don't have anything on my walls. I like to say it's because I don't really have much to hang and that I'm horrible at hanging things, but it is really because I'm lazy when it comes to decorating. I really need new pictures too. We haven't taken any as a family since Ashley was about 6 months old. 
I said dusting was easy. I didn't say it was pretty! (This also includes all of the chair rails and walls)
Oh, Hi Cheyenne! It's almost like she is saying, "Mom, that's disgusting. And I eat poop, so I know disgusting when I see it."

While dusting was easy, I realized that I needed to wipe down everything in the living room. Floors are swept and mopped and I even took a vacuum cleaner to the baseboards. (Sorry, furniture. I'm tired!) Also picked up stray items and threw away a bunch of random stuff.

The chair of things that do not belong.

Back to being "the chair that needs to be replaced but will do for now."

Well, things are winding down here. I have some homework to do and then its b&b (bath and bed) time for the kiddos. Then it's Duck Dynasty time! And getting in some work. 

See y'all tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the cleaning! I am glad to see I am not the only one that has a chair that becomes a place for "things". My kids pile on all their misc items on my desk chair as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the cleaning!

    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete