Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day Dream Believer

It seems that all I have been doing lately is thinking about all the things I want to accomplish. I don't want to call it a bucket list because I don't really want to think about my own death. Since I've been staying at home, I have a lot of time to think about things. A little too much time if you ask me. All this thinking has led me to see that I've been losing myself in the house and the kids. It's time to get my dreams down on paper and start making them happen! Anyway, here is some of my dream list. Take a look, but only if you promise not to laugh. 

  • Learn to speak Cajun French- The first time I set foot in Natchitoches, LA, I fell in love with the place. The history, the culture, the people. I haven't been in several years and I can't wait to go back. Cajun French is such an interesting language and I've been reading here and there to learn a few words. 
  • Complete a Fun Run- There are so many to chose from, but I think I'd like to do Disney Princess Run. Not the half marathon, but the Royal Family 5K. Dressing up in a crown and Tutu? Yep. Sign me up!
  • Learn to play the Mandolin- The only instrument I've ever played well was the Trumpet. Why I picked that instead of a more "girly" instrument is beyond me. Then again, I never did do anything the "normal" way. Anyway, I love blue grass and the sound of the Mandolin. I would love to pick up this skill.
  • Sing with Patty Lovelace (or another blue grass singer)- Again, I love blue grass. The folksy sound and the meaningful lyrics make for some amazing music. Have you ever heard Patty Lovelace sing "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive"? No? What is wrong with you! Go to iTunes and download it now! My extreme stage fright might kill this one. Oh, and the fact that Patty Lovelace doesn't know that I'm even alive. Hah!
  • Meet a famous actor- Preferably Ryan Gosling, Gerard Butler, or Channing Tatum. *drool*
  • Meet Ree Drummond- I absolutely love Ree. She is my blogging idol. I've read her book, cook books, and watch her on Food Network. Her show is actually the only cooking show I watch. 
  • Actually make some money off of this blog- I think this is self-explanatory. I have always loved to write and now that this blog actually has readers from other states (and not just my mom), I'm hopeful that one day it might happen. 
  • Dance lessons- I actually have rhythm and love to dance. It would be so much fun to learn ballroom dance!
  • Get a Doctorate- This one is iffy. I'm almost a third of the way through with my Masters and I'm just not sure I can handle much more. 
  • Honeymoon- JR and I were married the weekend before I had finals and shortly before he left for training. He deployed shortly after so we decided to push our honeymoon back. Next month is our five year anniversary and we have yet to go on a honeymoon. One day, JR and I will go to some tropical locale and have a week of no kids, no work, no stress. 
So, there you have it. What is on your list? Leave me a comment or tweet me @Ofwjaimie. I can't wait to hear your responses!

Night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment