Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You know you're an oilfield wife when...

1) Your whole life stops when Hubby is on days off. JR just went back to work yesterday and I didn't realize how much my routine changes while he is home. What's more, it is a lot harder to do homework while he is home. The last thing I want to do is be stuck in front of the computer. (By the way, I also had a ton of homework the last two weeks which is why I haven't posted in a while.)

2) Insomnia hits the first couple of days Hubby is on a hitch. I think I tossed and turned in bed for about two hours last night. I posed a question about this to the ladies on a Facebook page I admin and was amazed at the number of women that have to deal with this.

3) Doing things alone, including road trips, doesn't really phase you. "Oh, 10 hour drive with a toddler and a newborn? No biggie." This wasn't my best decision. We got to see Hubby for Christmas, but I ended up driving back in a snow storm. Can you say, "Out of my element?" It was totally worth it to spend the holiday together.

4) Any news on oilfield related items pique your interest. I'll admit, I pay much more attention to the oil and gas industry than ever before. Even more if the news is about the area Hubby works in.

5) You have a collection of "Oilfield Wife" related items. My collection is kind of small, but it'll get bigger over the next few months. I just won a "Spoiled Oilfield Wife" car decal in an auction with DecalThat. Her collection of oilfield related items is pretty awesome, and at great prices. There are non-oilfield items as well. Check her out!

6) If you are a stay-at-home mom/wife, you begin to clean things you never thought to clean before. (Oh, hello, dirty base boards. Meet Swiffer duster!"

7) Your Facebook news feed is filled with stuff from the OFW pages you follow.

8) Making plans revolves around if Hubby will be at home or not.

9)A five-minute (or less) phone call is the best part of your day.

10) You create your own oilfield related blog! (Can you tell I ran out of ideas for #10? Hah!)

Speaking of writing, my newest post for ROW went live on Monday. Head on over and check it out!

If you find your way here via Facebook, please let me know what page you found me on! :) I'm hoping to get enough page views and comments to warrant a give away. It'll be a while, but stay tuned!

Later y'all!

7 comments:

  1. I found this via Real Oilfield Wives Page. My husband's been working for Diamond Offshore since 1997. Started in the Gulf but went overseas in 2001. The longer we're married the less I do when he's not home. fun things are kind of blah when I have to do it by myself. Right before he gets home I try to read some sort of book or article on marriage to "reacquaint" myself with the male perspective. It makes the adjustment so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, thanks for reading! I really like your idea on reading marriage articles and books before Hubby comes home. I think I'll try that this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know that I'm not alone in this. I've been more productive in the last 24 hours that hubs has been gone than I've been in the entire 2 weeks he was home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And next week I'm driving to Texas... by myself. And Valentine's Day? He'll have to grill his own heart-shaped steak, in man-camp. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. Kaysie, I have been pretty productive today too! Yesterday was my deep cleaning day, while today I already got a work out in and plan to get some homework done. Hubby is going to be working on Valentine's Day. He ordered flowers for our little girl, though. I can't wait to see her face when they are delivered tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Cute blog. I am a oilfield wife also.

    ReplyDelete