1) Your whole life stops when Hubby is on days off. JR just went back to work yesterday and I didn't realize how much my routine changes while he is home. What's more, it is a lot harder to do homework while he is home. The last thing I want to do is be stuck in front of the computer. (By the way, I also had a ton of homework the last two weeks which is why I haven't posted in a while.)
2) Insomnia hits the first couple of days Hubby is on a hitch. I think I tossed and turned in bed for about two hours last night. I posed a question about this to the ladies on a Facebook page I admin and was amazed at the number of women that have to deal with this.
3) Doing things alone, including road trips, doesn't really phase you. "Oh, 10 hour drive with a toddler and a newborn? No biggie." This wasn't my best decision. We got to see Hubby for Christmas, but I ended up driving back in a snow storm. Can you say, "Out of my element?" It was totally worth it to spend the holiday together.
4) Any news on oilfield related items pique your interest. I'll admit, I pay much more attention to the oil and gas industry than ever before. Even more if the news is about the area Hubby works in.
5) You have a collection of "Oilfield Wife" related items. My collection is kind of small, but it'll get bigger over the next few months. I just won a "Spoiled Oilfield Wife" car decal in an auction with DecalThat. Her collection of oilfield related items is pretty awesome, and at great prices. There are non-oilfield items as well. Check her out!
6) If you are a stay-at-home mom/wife, you begin to clean things you never thought to clean before. (Oh, hello, dirty base boards. Meet Swiffer duster!"
7) Your Facebook news feed is filled with stuff from the OFW pages you follow.
8) Making plans revolves around if Hubby will be at home or not.
9)A five-minute (or less) phone call is the best part of your day.
10) You create your own oilfield related blog! (Can you tell I ran out of ideas for #10? Hah!)
Speaking of writing, my newest post for ROW went live on Monday. Head on over and check it out!
If you find your way here via Facebook, please let me know what page you found me on! :) I'm hoping to get enough page views and comments to warrant a give away. It'll be a while, but stay tuned!