Friday, January 18, 2013

That Girl is a Reading Fool...


If there is one thing to be said about me, it is that I love to read. I could spend hours in a library (even when I wasn't working in one). I have read so many books that I've lost count. Sometimes, I forget I've read a book until I get about 20 pages into it for the second time. If I find a book that I really like and it is part of a series, I will read the entire series in a week. Unless it is like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Then I'll have it read in three months. (Give me a break. There were like 16 books in the series when I started reading it!)

The picture above is what I currently have checked out from the local library. Think that's a lot? I'm making up for lost time. While I was pregnant with Justin, I could not concentrate on a book to save my life. I think I might have read two books the entire year (felt like a damn year, anyway) that I was pregnant. In the past three days, I've managed to knock out the Nora Roberts and Kerrelyn Sparks books, and I'm almost finished with the Bob Harper book. Finally got my (reading) groove back.

Kerrelyn Sparks, Nora Roberts, and Lydia Dare are all some of my favorite authors. I especially love to read North Carolina authors like Ron Rash, Clyde Edgerton, and Sarah Addison Allen. (Allen's newest book is coming out in the Fall. Eeeeeeee!) I also like almost all of Nicholas Sparks' books. Except for the ones with the crappy endings. I see enough crappy endings in real life. Reading is my way to relax and escape. Stop screwing with my escape, Nick!

I'm also a big fan of paranormal and historical romances, which you can clearly see in the picture.

In the Fall of 2011, hubby bought me a Nook. I've got a crap-ton (it's a technical phrase, y'all) of books on it. I've got cook books, couponing books, biographies, and, of course, romances. See a trend here? If you hit the "currently reading" button on my Nook, you will find that I've been reading The Duck Commander Family. (I'm seriously addicted to Duck Dynasty on A&E.)

To be honest, I'm trying to finish up as many books as I can before the end of this hitch. As I've stated in previous entries, I get next to nothing done when JR is home; this includes reading. Considering JR just left on Tuesday, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Who is your favorite author? What are you currently reading and are you an e-reader lover or more of an I-have-to-have-the-actual-book-in-my-hands type? Leave me a comment and let me know, or send me a tweet: @Ofwjaimie.

[Now, y'all, I know I have people reading this blog. I can track the page views, remember? So go ahead and leave a comment. Please and thank you! :)]




No comments:

Post a Comment