Thursday, January 17, 2013

Longest. Day. Ever.

The way my day started out should have been some indication that it was going to be rough. Justin slept from 10pm to 530am, so I had more energy than I'm used to and didn't go back to sleep after his feeding. I decided to go ahead and make some coffee. I put water and a k-cup in the brewer and hit the start button. Notice what I didn't do? If you guessed "put a cup under the little spout the coffee comes out in," you would be right! Yeah, cleaning that up was a blast.

Things chilled out for a little while. I was able to almost finish a book, but had to get the kiddos and myself ready for Ashley's modeling thing. She rocked that, by the way. Once I get some of the pictures, I'll be sure to post one. This kid is ridiculously photogenic.

After Ashley's photo session, I had to run home and get a change of clothes for Justin. His diaper had leaked while my friend, Heather, was watching him during the shoot. I was just going to hang at Heather's for a bit until time to head to town, but nooooo. I managed to leave the extra baby clothes on the couch. Fantastic.

After an extra trip to the house, we finally were on our way to the dealership to get the oil in the truck changed. (Yes, I did take both kids with me. I probably should have taken a Xanax before hand.) I managed to only cuss at two people while driving there. Once at the dealership, the kids and I settled into the waiting area thinking we'd only be there for half an hour. Well, we were there for an hour and a half. All of the mud and dirt from driving around the Pennsylvania town JR works in made it hard for the dealership to get to where the oil plug (or whatever the hell it is the guy said) was. 

I had originally planned to take Ashley back to Heather's so she could play with her daughters, but I was so annoyed by the time we left the dealership that I felt it best for everyone if I went straight home. 

It's only 7:15 pm, my eyes are barely open, and I still have homework to finish before I can end the day from hell. 

'Til next time, y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment